    at javax.swing.JInternalFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at RalphVince.Controls.JScrollableDesktopPane.BaseInternalFrame.<init>()
    at GG.chat.JFslcChatClientInternalFrame.<init>()
    Ike, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Ike

    Arnaud B. Guest

    Hi,

    Are you setting the "look and feel " yourself in your app ?

    Arnaud

    "Ike" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have a class which extend JInternalFrame. Whenever this class is

    invoked,
    > it always spits out the following exception, listed below. For the life of
    > me, I cannot track this down.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of what I may be missing here to cause this? Thanks, Ike
    >
    > UIDefaults.getUI() failed: no ComponentUI class for:

    javax.swing.JInternalFrame$JDesktopIcon[,0,0,0x0,invalid,hidden,alignmentX=0

    ..0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=0,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]

    Arnaud B., Jan 27, 2006

  3. Ike

    Ike Guest

    "Arnaud B." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are you setting the "look and feel " yourself in your app ?
    >
    > Arnaud

    Yes, exactly.
    Ike, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Ike

    Arnaud B. Guest

    So just a guess,

    Maybe the L&F you're using does not provide any valid UI for
    JInternalFrame$JDesktopIcon

    Try to launch your app with the default L&F to check this.

    Arnaud B., Jan 27, 2006
  5. Ike

    Ike Guest

    Is there a workaround I could to -- override a method perhaps, with a
    try-catch such that the exception would not appear? Thanks, Ike

    Ike, Jan 27, 2006
  6. Ike

    Arnaud B. Guest

    I'm afraid that try-catching this Exception won't be enough.

    You may have to do some things like :

    UIManager.put(XXX, YYY);

    Where XXX is the String used to identify the JInternalFrame$JDesktopIcon's
    UI
    and YYY the ui class for it.

    e.g :

    UIManager.put("DesktopIconUI", "javax.swing.plaf.basic.
    BasicDesktopIconUI");

    I'm no L&F expert though, so you may want to repost this problem to
    comp.lang.java.gui .

    Regards,

    Arnaud B., Jan 27, 2006
  7. Ike

    Ike Guest

    "Arnaud B." <> wrote in message
    > I'm afraid that try-catching this Exception won't be enough.
    >
    > You may have to do some things like :
    >
    > UIManager.put(XXX, YYY);
    >
    > Where XXX is the String used to identify the JInternalFrame$JDesktopIcon's
    > UI
    > and YYY the ui class for it.
    >
    > e.g :
    >
    > UIManager.put("DesktopIconUI", "javax.swing.plaf.basic.
    > BasicDesktopIconUI");
    >

    > I'm no L&F expert though, so you may want to repost this problem to
    > comp.lang.java.gui .
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Arnaud

    Thank you Arnaud -- I shall post it there! -Ike
    Ike, Jan 27, 2006