    Many thanks in advance!

    Aaron Fude
    , Nov 8, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Is it possible to ensure that, upon setVisible(true), a JDialog pop-up
    > jumps on top of all other windows ...

    modal true.

    >...including other applications?

    setAlwaysOnTop()

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 9, 2006

  3. Eric Sosman Guest

    wrote On 11/08/06 17:08,:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to ensure that, upon setVisible(true), a JDialog pop-up
    > jumps on top of all other windows including other applications?

    You can "suggest" that behavior (see Andrew Thompson's
    response), but obviously you cannot "ensure" it. Consider:
    What happens when two different applications both try to
    make their windows do this?

    Eric Sosman, Nov 9, 2006
  4. Eric Sosman wrote:
    > wrote On 11/08/06 17:08,:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is it possible to ensure that, upon setVisible(true), a JDialog pop-up
    > > jumps on top of all other windows including other applications?

    > You can "suggest" that behavior (see Andrew Thompson's
    > response), but obviously you cannot "ensure" it. Consider:
    > What happens when two different applications both try to
    > make their windows do this?

    I think it should come down to whichever app. has
    the biggest bull-bar.

    ( ..do I even need to add a 'smiley' to that? )

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 9, 2006