JDK 1.0.6_11 released

John W Kennedy

Arne said:
Where does the 1.0. part comes from ?

For advertising purposes, the current version of Java is 6, but it's
still 1.0.6 internally, in the Release Notes and so on.

Arne Vajhøj

John said:
For advertising purposes, the current version of Java is 6, but it's
still 1.0.6 internally, in the Release Notes and so on.

Really ?

I thought it was 1.6.0 ...

Arne

John W Kennedy

Arne said:
Really ?

I thought it was 1.6.0 ...

Arrggghhhh! Yes, of course you're right. I was distracted by two other
conversations going on next to me.

--
John W. Kennedy
"Though a Rothschild you may be

Arne Vajhøj

John said:
Arrggghhhh! Yes, of course you're right. I was distracted by two other
conversations going on next to me.

It happen.

I did not even realize how Roedy came up with that version until after
reading your post.

Arne

Roedy Green

I can spot there only

Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 Update 10

Perhaps it is stuck in a cache. I just rechecked. It is 11. They did
not revert to 10. Try a different browser and do a reload.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Andrew Thompson

see http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jspto get the new
version 1.0.6_11 the JDK.

What does the new 1.6.0_11 SDK do for us the
developer that any other 1.6 SDK lacks?

OK - I expect some updated documentation based
on the changes in _10 re applets and webstart,
but any SDK can compile code suitable to be run
in a 1.6.0_11 JRE.

(I would expect an announcement for an updated
JRE, but not an SDK. Since I have 100 meg limit
before bandwidth throttling, I need to make some
discerning choices about what is downloaded.

Since a _10 JRE is already installed, is it
really a great boon to have a 1.6.0_11 SDK?)

Roedy Green

What does the new 1.6.0_11 SDK do for us the
developer that any other 1.6 SDK lacks?

see the release notes at
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u11.html

The scariest thing is an incompatible change in UTF-8 format.

two new root certs.

some bugs fixed. The one that most interested me is fixing a problem
with Vista NVidia drivers. Java has given a number of weird rendering
artifacts on my machine.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
"Humanity is conducting an unintended, uncontrolled, globally pervasive experiment
whose ultimate consequences could be second only to global nuclear war."
~ Environment Canada (The Canadian equivalent of the EPA on global warming)

Pappy :-\)

Please do not top-post.

Opps, sorry it's been a while since I've been on any news groups.