jdk 1.5.0_08 install exec ?

IchBin

I have always taken care when installing and uninstalling JDK's and
JRE's on my windows machine. I now have jdk 1.6.0 installed. For some
reason I am having a problem uninstalling jdk 1.5.0_08. So I figured I
would reinstall and then uninstall to cleanup the windows registry but
I can not find it at Suns site. Can anyone point me to a copy of the jdk
1.5.0_08 install.

I just do not want to have to delete all of the jdk 1.5.0_08 registry
entries by hand.

--
Thanks in Advance... http://ichbin.9999mb.com
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

Knute Johnson

IchBin said:
I have always taken care when installing and uninstalling JDK's and
JRE's on my windows machine. I now have jdk 1.6.0 installed. For some
reason I am having a problem uninstalling jdk 1.5.0_08. So I figured I
would reinstall and then uninstall to cleanup the windows registry but
I can not find it at Suns site. Can anyone point me to a copy of the jdk
1.5.0_08 install.

I just do not want to have to delete all of the jdk 1.5.0_08 registry
entries by hand.

Unless you've done something funky with the install, installing 1.6
should reset all of the appropriate keys in the registry. Just delete
any remaining directories in C:\Program Files\Java and redo your path.

knute...