JDK 1.5 + JBuilder + Linux

Nicholas Pappas

Hello all.

I'm having some trouble getting JDK 1.5 to work properly in JBuilder
under Linux. After downloading and installing (in both the OS and
JBuilder) I point my current project to the new JDK and try to run it.
I get the follow error:

"Application1.java": cannot access javax.swing.UIManager,bad class file:
/opt/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/rt.jar/javax/swing/UIManager.class,class file has
wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0,Please remove or make sure it appears
in the correct subdirectory of the classpath. at line 3, column 20

The common thread is this "wrong version" funkiness. Depending on the
application I am trying to compile a different class pops up, but it is
always telling me the version is wrong.
What am I missing something?

Thanks!

Neal Gafter

JBuilder has its own compiler that does not support the new language features or
class file format.

Nicholas Pappas

There ya go... that would explain it. :) Thanks Neal.

Can anyone suggest an alternative IDE for Linux that does support 1.5?