    http://mindprod.com

    "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    ~ Barack Obama (born: 1961-08-04 age: 48)
    Roedy Green, Aug 4, 2009

  2. Roedy Green wrote:
    > two new JDK releases are available :
    > JDK 1.6.0_15 and JDK 1.5.0_20
    >
    > see http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

    Leads eventually to http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u15.html
    which is the release notes, and which has a problem: there are several
    references like "See Sun Alert 263490" but no apparent way to actually
    do as suggested, because these phrases (or just the numbers) aren't
    links of any kind.

    This seems a rather curious omission. It is very non-standard to not
    make a cross-reference in a hypertext medium into a hyperlink.
    Bill McCleary, Aug 4, 2009

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:39:21 -0400, Eric Sosman <>

    > No idea why it's not hyperlinked, but Google for "263490" and
    >read the very first hit.

    It is a rather embarrassing flaw. Perhaps Sun was hoping it would not
    become widely known.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "Let us pray it is not so, or if it is, that it will not become widely known."
    ~ Wife of the Bishop of Exeter on hearing of Darwin's theory of the common descent of humans and apes.
    Roedy Green, Aug 5, 2009
  4. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:39:21 -0400, Eric Sosman <>
    >> No idea why it's not hyperlinked, but Google for "263490" and
    >> read the very first hit.

    > It is a rather embarrassing flaw. Perhaps Sun was hoping it would not
    > become widely known.

    I would prefer to see that they got Java 7 out of the door over
    that they got created links for all cross references ...

    It is not that big of a problem.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 6, 2009