JDK 1.7.0_45

Richard Maher

new JDK/JRE is out JDK 1.7.0_45.
Hello,

I've looked through all the "Release Notes" I could find looking for a
list of known bug-fixes, and I've looked at that usefulness-devoid bug
site Oracle offers that does not make the state/progress of any useful
or even interesting bugs available. So can anyone please tell me what is
the state of these two bugs and/or if they made it to 7u45?

9005723 or 17232568

But I see the cognoscente have installed another 5 warning screens for
LiveConnect. Ooh how everyone is queuing up to use Java, Applets (and
let's not forget that is Oracle itself that defined the term RIA) We
must make it harder and harder to use :-(

Is there really noone there that lives outside the Oracle bubble?

Cheers Richard Maher

Silvio

Hello,

I've looked through all the "Release Notes" I could find looking for a
list of known bug-fixes, and I've looked at that usefulness-devoid bug
site Oracle offers that does not make the state/progress of any useful
or even interesting bugs available. So can anyone please tell me what is
the state of these two bugs and/or if they made it to 7u45?

9005723 or 17232568

But I see the cognoscente have installed another 5 warning screens for
LiveConnect. Ooh how everyone is queuing up to use Java, Applets (and
let's not forget that is Oracle itself that defined the term RIA) We
must make it harder and harder to use :-(

Is there really noone there that lives outside the Oracle bubble?

Cheers Richard Maher

Works fine for my server applications with HTML5 front-ends. What's your
problem again?

Richard Maher

Works fine for my server applications with HTML5 front-ends. What's your
problem again?

Ah yes, it's only Applets, Web-Start, JNLP, that have the dregs of
Oracle Development cognoscente? Servers and J2EE have this special breed
of engineer, immune from the vagaries of security and completely
isolated from the filth Larry throws at Java client development?

I think not.

Anyway, Microsoft shareholders have Larry to thank for his solo and
incredible effort to make Windows IIS .NET look like a secure viable
alternative web-server platform. No small feat indeed given Windows8!

I can only hope that Iced-Tea continues on its stellar path and arrives
in time to save us from a knob that seems to have only bought SUN for
its hardware.

Regards Richard Maher

PS. For Silvio I wish only the best of conversions to remove primitives
from Java altogether.