JDK 1.7 downloads?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?

    Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Roedy Green

    Luuk Guest

    On 30-07-2011 16:14, Roedy Green wrote:
    > What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?
    >
    > Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.


    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7 download docs

    1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
    download.java.net:80"

    on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

    --
    Luuk
    Luuk, Jul 30, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Roedy Green

    Luuk Guest

    On 30-07-2011 17:03, Luuk wrote:
    > On 30-07-2011 16:14, Roedy Green wrote:
    >> What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?
    >>
    >> Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.

    >
    > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7 download docs
    >
    > 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
    > download.java.net:80"
    >
    > on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"
    >


    or:
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html

    ;)

    --
    Luuk
    Luuk, Jul 30, 2011
    #3
  4. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk <> wrote,
    quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7 download docs
    >
    >1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
    >download.java.net:80"
    >
    >on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"


    I follow through to
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html

    Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip

    Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
    oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.

    Is there another way to get it?

    I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011
    #4
  5. Roedy Green

    markspace Guest

    On 7/30/2011 8:03 AM, Luuk wrote:
    > On 30-07-2011 16:14, Roedy Green wrote:
    >> What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?
    >>
    >> Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.

    >
    > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7 download docs
    >
    > 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
    > download.java.net:80"
    >
    > on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"
    >



    There's also a link in the JDK README.html file to the same page, with a
    helpful internal page reference:

    <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html#docs>
    markspace, Jul 30, 2011
    #5
  6. On 7/30/2011 8:11 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk<> wrote,
    > quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >
    >> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7 download docs
    >>
    >> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
    >> download.java.net:80"
    >>
    >> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

    >
    > I follow through to
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html
    >
    > Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip
    >
    > Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
    > oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
    >
    > Is there another way to get it?
    >
    > I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.


    I went snooping around yesterday and found it but I can't find it again.
    If you want a copy of jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip let
    me know and I'll email it to you or put it up for a few minutes on the
    web server.

    Email me, [the 9th month]@knutejohnson.com

    --

    Knute Johnson
    Knute Johnson, Jul 30, 2011
    #6
  7. Roedy Green

    markspace Guest

    On 7/30/2011 8:11 AM, Roedy Green wrote:

    >
    > I follow through to
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html
    >
    > Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip



    This looks like Java 6, update 25. Not Java 7.

    >
    > Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
    > oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
    >
    > I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.



    My Java 7 docs download came from download.oracle.com. I don't know
    what llnwd.net is, but I think you probably wasted Oracle's time
    reporting someone else's server problem to them.
    markspace, Jul 30, 2011
    #7
  8. Roedy Green

    Luuk Guest

    On 30-07-2011 17:11, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk <> wrote,
    > quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >
    >> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7 download docs
    >>
    >> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
    >> download.java.net:80"
    >>
    >> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

    >
    > I follow through to
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html
    >


    Hmm, i thought i read that you ws looking for JDK7 docs.

    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html


    > Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip
    >
    > Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
    > oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
    >
    > Is there another way to get it?
    >
    > I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.



    --
    Luuk
    Luuk, Jul 30, 2011
    #8
  9. On 7/30/2011 8:38 AM, Luuk wrote:
    > On 30-07-2011 17:11, Roedy Green wrote:
    >> On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk<> wrote,
    >> quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >>
    >>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7 download docs
    >>>
    >>> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
    >>> download.java.net:80"
    >>>
    >>> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

    >>
    >> I follow through to
    >> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html
    >>

    >
    > Hmm, i thought i read that you ws looking for JDK7 docs.
    >
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html
    >
    >
    >> Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip
    >>
    >> Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
    >> oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
    >>
    >> Is there another way to get it?
    >>
    >> I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.

    >
    >


    That's where I got them yesterday. I just can't figure out how I got
    there :).

    --

    Knute Johnson
    Knute Johnson, Jul 30, 2011
    #9
  10. Stanimir Stamenkov, Jul 30, 2011
    #10
  11. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:07:35 +0200, Luuk <> wrote,
    quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >or:
    >http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
    >
    >;)


    Unfortunately, the link I have there does not work.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011
    #11
  12. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 08:22:56 -0700, markspace <-@.> wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >My Java 7 docs download came from download.oracle.com. I don't know
    >what llnwd.net is, but I think you probably wasted Oracle's time
    >reporting someone else's server problem to them.


    have a look at
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html

    After you click the licence agreement you can try to load

    http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip

    It then redirects to:
    http://oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip

    and fails.

    I can successfully ping oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net, but not do any sort of
    HTTP.

    Did you get your docs prior to the official release?
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011
    #12
  13. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:38:01 +0200, Luuk <> wrote,
    quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >
    >Hmm, i thought i read that you ws looking for JDK7 docs.



    Yes. Sorry I must have pasted the wrong url.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011
    #13
  14. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 08:46:47 -0700, Knute Johnson
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >That's where I got them yesterday. I just can't figure out how I got
    >there :).


    The way I got there was my going to the JDK download, then scrolling
    down to about 3/4 the way down.

    Where it says:


    Java SE 7 Documentation DOWNLOAD

    Java SE 7 Documentation
    Docs Installation Instructions
    Java SE 7 Documentation License


    and clicking DOWNLOAD. Is it still working for you?
    It would seem odd I could ping from here but not HTTP where you could
    do both.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011
    #14
  15. Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:57:41 -0700, /Roedy Green/:
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 08:22:56 -0700, markspace<-@.> wrote, quoted or
    > indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >
    >> My Java 7 docs download came from download.oracle.com. I don't know
    >> what llnwd.net is, but I think you probably wasted Oracle's time
    >> reporting someone else's server problem to them.

    >
    > have a look at
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html
    >
    > After you click the licence agreement you can try to load
    >
    > http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip
    >
    > It then redirects to:
    > http://oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip
    >
    > and fails.


    After this I get redirected to:

    http://download.oracle.com/auth/otn...1312063158&h=5be2d7ee304ac8b05fd9701c0fc961b6

    and the download begins. I guess the query parameters in there are
    specific to my browsing session.

    > I can successfully ping oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net, but not do any sort of
    > HTTP.
    >
    > Did you get your docs prior to the official release?


    --
    Stanimir
    Stanimir Stamenkov, Jul 30, 2011
    #15
  16. Roedy Green

    markspace Guest

    On 7/30/2011 1:57 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
    >
    > have a look at
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html



    I know. I sent you that link when I posted much earlier today.


    > After you click the licence agreement you can try to load
    >
    > http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip
    >
    > It then redirects to:
    > http://oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip



    No, it doesn't. It downloads from Oracle.com. I don't know why you or
    Canada would be different, but that's how it works for me.

    >
    > and fails.


    It worked for me earlier today when I first posted and it worked again
    just now.
    markspace, Jul 30, 2011
    #16
  17. On 11-07-30 06:56 PM, markspace wrote:
    > On 7/30/2011 1:57 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
    >>
    >> have a look at
    >> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html
    >>

    >
    >
    > I know. I sent you that link when I posted much earlier today.
    >
    >
    >> After you click the licence agreement you can try to load
    >>
    >> http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip
    >>
    >>
    >> It then redirects to:
    >> http://oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip
    >>

    >
    >
    > No, it doesn't. It downloads from Oracle.com. I don't know why you or
    > Canada would be different, but that's how it works for me.
    >
    >>
    >> and fails.

    >
    > It worked for me earlier today when I first posted and it worked again
    > just now.


    And that last link above just now worked for me without any problems
    whatsoever.

    AHS
    Arved Sandstrom, Jul 31, 2011
    #17
  18. Roedy Green

    markspace Guest

    markspace, Jul 31, 2011
    #18
  19. Roedy Green

    Luuk Guest

    On 30-07-2011 22:58, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:38:01 +0200, Luuk <> wrote,
    > quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >
    >>
    >> Hmm, i thought i read that you ws looking for JDK7 docs.

    >
    >
    > Yes. Sorry I must have pasted the wrong url.


    I have downloaded the docs....

    There are available here:
    http://qqqqq.xs4all.nl/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip

    until at least 2 augustus 2011 19:00 CEST
    after that i will remove the link ;)

    --
    Luuk
    Luuk, Jul 31, 2011
    #19
  20. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 07:14:34 -0700, Roedy Green
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?


    Oracle has fixed the link at
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html

    Oddly Oracle has no way to directly contact the webmaster with such
    problems. I had to send my report disguised as a sales inquiry.

    I could not submit it as a bug report since that site was not working
    too.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
    Roedy Green, Aug 2, 2011
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Babar
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    430
    Chris Smith
    May 20, 2004
  2. Thomas G. Marshall
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    797
    Thomas G. Marshall
    Aug 6, 2004
  3. Ulf Meinhardt
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    6,417
    Ulf Meinhardt
    Aug 10, 2006
  4. Jaggu
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    984
    Nigel Wade
    Jan 8, 2007
  5. Guest
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    644
    Tom Hawtin
    Apr 17, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page