JDK feature complete preview available

Discussion in 'Java' started by Arne Vajhøj, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 27, 2011

  2. On 2/27/2011 8:45 AM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > I have not seen this announced here before.
    >
    > There are a JDK7 developer preview out.
    >
    > Well - there has been a ton of builds of JDK7 made available before.
    >
    > But now it is supposed to be feature complete.
    >
    > http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/jdk7_preview
    > http://jdk7.java.net/preview/
    >
    > Arne

    When I go to

    http://jdk7.java.net/preview/

    and click on windows .exe to download, I get an error,
    page has been removed.

    "
    http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/jdk7/binaries/jdk-7-ea-bin-b130-windows-x64-18_feb_2011.exe

    Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed
    is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let
    you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
    "

    --Nasser
    Nasser M. Abbasi, Feb 28, 2011

  3. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 27-02-2011 20:45, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
    > On 2/27/2011 8:45 AM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >> I have not seen this announced here before.
    >>
    >> There are a JDK7 developer preview out.
    >>
    >> Well - there has been a ton of builds of JDK7 made available before.
    >>
    >> But now it is supposed to be feature complete.
    >>
    >> http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/jdk7_preview
    >> http://jdk7.java.net/preview/

    > When I go to
    >
    > http://jdk7.java.net/preview/
    >
    > and click on windows .exe to download, I get an error,
    > page has been removed.
    >
    > "
    > http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/jdk7/binaries/jdk-7-ea-bin-b130-windows-x64-18_feb_2011.exe
    >
    > Not Found
    > The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed
    > is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to
    > let
    > you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
    > "

    I get the same right now.

    But then the top of the page says:

    "Notice: We are in the final stages of integrating our content
    management system with the forge part of the site. During this period a
    few links will be broken as our new features come online. We expect to
    be fully operational on March 1, 2011."

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 28, 2011
  4. Arne Vajhøj

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:45:45 -0800, "Nasser M. Abbasi" <>

    >When I go to
    >
    >http://jdk7.java.net/preview/
    >
    >and click on windows .exe to download, I get an error,
    >page has been removed.

    Sun/Oracle has a being having trouble in the transition. Some of their
    servers get updated and others do not. Just report the problem and
    wait and it will quietly clear itself. Sometimes just waiting a few
    minutes, clearing your DNS cache, and trying again will do the trick.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/windows7.html#DNS
    for how to clear your cache.

    The links I have on http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
    for Dolphin all appear to be working.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Feb 28, 2011
  5. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 27-02-2011 23:09, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:45:45 -0800, "Nasser M. Abbasi"<>
    >> When I go to
    >>
    >> http://jdk7.java.net/preview/
    >>
    >> and click on windows .exe to download, I get an error,
    >> page has been removed.

    > Sun/Oracle has a being having trouble in the transition. Some of their
    > servers get updated and others do not. Just report the problem and
    > wait and it will quietly clear itself. Sometimes just waiting a few
    > minutes, clearing your DNS cache, and trying again will do the trick.
    >
    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/windows7.html#DNS
    > for how to clear your cache.
    >
    > The links I have on http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
    > for Dolphin all appear to be working.

    If you read what he has written then you would know
    that the link given is OK, but that it is a link
    on that page that does no longer work.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 1, 2011