JDK feature complete preview available

Nasser M. Abbasi

I have not seen this announced here before.

There are a JDK7 developer preview out.

Well - there has been a ton of builds of JDK7 made available before.

But now it is supposed to be feature complete.

http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/jdk7_preview
http://jdk7.java.net/preview/

Arne

When I go to

http://jdk7.java.net/preview/

and click on windows .exe to download, I get an error,
page has been removed.

"
http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/jdk7/binaries/jdk-7-ea-bin-b130-windows-x64-18_feb_2011.exe

Not Found
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed
is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let
you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
"

--Nasser

Arne Vajhøj

When I go to

http://jdk7.java.net/preview/

and click on windows .exe to download, I get an error,
page has been removed.

"
http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/jdk7/binaries/jdk-7-ea-bin-b130-windows-x64-18_feb_2011.exe

Not Found
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed
is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to
let
you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
"

I get the same right now.

But then the top of the page says:

"Notice: We are in the final stages of integrating our content
management system with the forge part of the site. During this period a
few links will be broken as our new features come online. We expect to
be fully operational on March 1, 2011."

Arne

Roedy Green

When I go to

http://jdk7.java.net/preview/

and click on windows .exe to download, I get an error,
page has been removed.

Sun/Oracle has a being having trouble in the transition. Some of their
servers get updated and others do not. Just report the problem and
wait and it will quietly clear itself. Sometimes just waiting a few
minutes, clearing your DNS cache, and trying again will do the trick.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/windows7.html#DNS
for how to clear your cache.

The links I have on http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
for Dolphin all appear to be working.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Arne Vajhøj

Sun/Oracle has a being having trouble in the transition. Some of their
servers get updated and others do not. Just report the problem and
wait and it will quietly clear itself. Sometimes just waiting a few
minutes, clearing your DNS cache, and trying again will do the trick.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/windows7.html#DNS
for how to clear your cache.

The links I have on http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
for Dolphin all appear to be working.

If you read what he has written then you would know
that the link given is OK, but that it is a link
on that page that does no longer work.

Arne