JDOM Elements getChild with Namespace reference

gimme_this_gimme_that

I've loaded the following xml file into a JDOM Element :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<epi:component build-version="Gold"
component-id="sss0005style0001"
component-type="Grids"
description="A description."
epi-build="105"
epi-version="7.1"
major-version="1"
minor-version="0"
title="Default Title"
xmlns:epi="http://www.epicentric.com/deployment">

<epi:required-component component-id="template0005"
component-type="Style Types"
major-version="7"
minor-version="1"
/>

<epi:detail>
description="A description."
friendly-id="sss_grid.default"
id="sss0005style0001"
is-system="false"
primary-filename="sss-grid-default.jsp"
processing-type="JSP_BASED"
template-default="false"
template-uid="template0005"
title="SPS Default Grid"
visible="true"
/>
</epi:detail>
</epi:component>

The statement :

Element elm1 = rootElement.getChild("required-component",
Namespace.getNamespace("", "epi"));

returns null for elm1. Why? What am I doing wrong?

Romin

Your Namespace record is not correct. As per your XML instance, you
should create your JDOM Namespace object as follows:

Namespace NS =
Namespace.getNamespace("epi","http://www.epicentric.com/deployment");

Then, you can use:
Element elm1 = rootElement.getChild("required-component",NS);

It should fine after that!

Cheers,
Romin.