    appears superior but is less popular than another framework.

    Thanks,

    Yoel Spotts
    Yoel Spotts, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Yoel Spotts

    Dale King Guest

    "Yoel Spotts" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am currently using DOM for my projects but have become convinced of
    > the advantages of switching to a more Java-centric xml framework. I have
    > looked into both jdom and dom4j and done some research into both. All
    > things being equal, personally I find the dom4j features and API more
    > attractive -- although obviously that is a subjective entity. On the
    > other hand, it appears that jdom has many more followers and I hesitate
    > to use a package which in a couple of years may be forgotten and
    > abandoned due to jdom's popularity.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has used both packages and has any thoughts
    > they would like share. Come to think of it, even if you have not used
    > both packages I am interested to hear your thoughts as I am sure many
    > people have been faced with a similar dilema: one framework which
    > appears superior but is less popular than another framework.

    I personally have not used any of the API's but have done some reading
    lately. Another alternative you may want to look at is XOM which was
    designed by Elliote Rusty Harold to improve on JDOM.

    The XOM page is at: http://cafeconleche.org/XOM/

    Artima.com has a 9 part interview between Bill Venners and Elliote about
    what's wrong with DOM and JDOM and the design of XOM (which is where I
    learned about it):

    http://www.artima.com/articles/index.jsp?topic=xml

    --
    Dale King