    Please help.

    Thank you very much,
    Michael
    Michael, May 29, 2004

  2. Michael

    next_hop Guest

    Hi,
    I am not sure that is the question you mean to ask. JDOM is a representation
    of the Dom structure, while it uses a parser (I think Xerces) to read in the
    document. If you are working in Java it seems to be a lot easier to use it.
    There is little casting and you have collections returned, it just takes a
    lot of the grunt work out of coding and lets you get down to the task at
    hand.
    What is happening to JDOM at this time is kinda of a question I have. The
    main developer is no longer with it and I do not know if it will be picked
    and included in the Java general release anytime soon, or ever.
    So if you just want to read in an Xml text/stream and use JDom to create a
    new document Jdom would be my choice.

    next_hop, Jun 2, 2004

  3. "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > hello,
    > I'm a java programmer, and my program will require to parse XML
    > documents and extract data from it, then built a new XML document.
    > Should JDOM or Xerces be the best for me?

    For a discussion about the merits of different XML APIs for Java, see the
    book 'Processing XML with Java' by Elliotte Rusty Harold. The book is
    available online at http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/xmljava/.

    // Magnus
    Magnus Henriksson, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Michael

    Dale King Guest

    Hello, Magnus Henriksson!
    You wrote:

    > "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > > hello,
    > > I'm a java programmer, and my program will require to parse

    XML
    > > documents and extract data from it, then built a new XML

    document.
    > > Should JDOM or Xerces be the best for me?

    > For a discussion about the merits of different XML APIs for

    Java, see the
    > book 'Processing XML with Java' by Elliotte Rusty Harold. The

    book is
    > available online at http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/xmljava/.

    You might also want to look at XOM which is designed by Elliotte
    as an improvement over JDOM and is much cleaner than JDOM.
    --
    Dale King
    My Blog: http://daleking.homedns.org/Blog
    Dale King, Apr 15, 2006