Jet optimising Compiler

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Oct 24, 2012.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    I use Jet to statically generate native Windows code from Java. The
    code loads quickly, can't be decompiled, and the machine code is
    astoundingly good, better than I could generate as an assembler
    programmer. It takes pipelining into consideration. I have never found
    a bug that did not turn out to be my fault.

    The only catch it is quite expensive. see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html

    However the people at Excelsior have decided to sell the standard
    version for $10 and give the money to charity to help kids in Russia
    with cancer.

    See details.
    http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jetcharity.html
    There are four possible ways to poke a card into a slot.
    Nearly always, only one way works. To me that betrays a
    Fascist mentality, demanding customers conform to some
    arbitrary rule, and hassling them to discover the magic
    orientation. The polite way to do it is to design the reader
    slot so that all four ways work, or so that all the customer
    has to do is put the card in the vicinity of the reader.
    Roedy Green, Oct 24, 2012