JetBrains Challenges Java Developers: ""Plug in and Win $5,000!" in IntelliJ IDEAL Plugin Contest

Discussion in 'Java' started by oxigen@mail.ru, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Dear Java developers,

    September 1 marks the official start of JetBrains first ever plugin
    contest. We've dubbed this exciting event "IntelliJ IDEAL Plugin
    Contest"
    and we'll be giving away over $25,000 (US) in cash and software prizes
    to the developers of the IntelliJ IDEA plugins that we judge the best.

    PRIZES:
    The grand prize is $5000 (US) plus a free Personal license for IntelliJ

    IDEA and JetBrains TMate, plus free licenses for several cool developer

    tools, including JIRA Professional and Confluence Workgroup from
    Atlassian (www.atlassian.com).

    Two second place winners will nab $2000 each plus a free tools license
    pack including IntelliJ IDEA and TMate, and a choice of either JIRA or
    Confluence.

    The leader of the IntelliJ IDEA development team, our own Max Shafirov,

    will select one entry as his personal favorite, and award the Team
    Leader's Prize of $1000 in cash plus a lesser (but still very spiffy)
    tools license pack.

    Three Honorable Mention winners will receive a free Personal License
    for
    IntelliJ IDEA and several other free licenses.

    Everybody who submits a valid entry with non-trivial functionality will

    receive a commemorative contest T-shirt.

    CONTEST INFO:
    Entered plugins can be 100% new, or extensions of existing plugins in
    the IntelliJ IDEA Plugin Repository (http://plugins.intellij.net) -
    only
    the new functionality will be judged. Your plugin must be compatible
    with the IntelliJ IDEA 5.1 Open API and/or 6.0 Open API (a beta version

    of which is available at www.jetbrains.com/doublebeta.html), and must
    be submitted under a Berkeley Standard Distribution (BSD) open source
    license, or under an Apache License. You'll need to join the IntelliJ
    IDEA Early Access Program (www.intellij.net/index.jsp) to get advance
    API info and builds for testing.</p>

    Key Dates
    ---------
    The contest kicks off September 1, 2006. Final code and collaterals
    must
    be submitted by October 31, 2006. Winners will be contacted by e-mail,
    and the winners list will be posted on the contest home page and
    announced in JetBrains blogs and RSS feeds on December 11, 2006. For
    full contest details, prize info, official rules, submission
    procedures,
    etc. visit http://plugins.intellij.net.

    This contest is a definite win-win proposition, even if for those who
    don't take away a prize. Why? Because a lot of great new plugins are
    going to come out of it, which will benefit the entire developer
    community.

    We invite you to spread the word and consider entering the contest
    yourself. We're really looking forward to seeing what cool stuff people

    come up to make your (and our!) favorite Java IDE even smarter and more

    productive.

    Ready - set - let the coding with pleasure begin!

    Best regards,
    Ilia Dumov
    , Sep 8, 2006