    How do i do it? - It looks so good.

    Thanks

    Trevor
    Trevor, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Trevor

    MikeB Guest

    "Trevor" <trevorjdaniel@no_spam_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:c6eln4$bb$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have found a perfect example of what i am trying to achieve. I have tried
    > to take it apart and it blew my brains out all over the floor.
    >
    > Can anyone help. The example is in PHP and javascript. I don't know PHP but
    > i know C#.Net/ASP & javascript.
    >
    > Can any clever dick out there give some pointers on how the hell this works
    > and how to reproduce it?

    If you want the really clever people to answer, you might wish to include those sans dick.

    MikeB, Apr 24, 2004

  3. On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:33:09 -0500, MikeB <m.byerleyATVerizonDottieNettie>
    wrote:

    [snip]

    >> Can any clever dick out there give some pointers on how the hell this
    >> works and how to reproduce it?

    > If you want the really clever people to answer, you might wish to
    > include those sans dick.

    "Clever dick" is a British phrase that means "an opinionated person". It's
    probably not what the OP quite intended - a knowledgeable person would be
    better - but I doubt that any insult or discrimination was implied.

    [snip]

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Trevor

    MikeB Guest

    "Michael Winter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:33:09 -0500, MikeB <m.byerleyATVerizonDottieNettie>
    > wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > >> Can any clever dick out there give some pointers on how the hell this
    > >> works and how to reproduce it?

    > > If you want the really clever people to answer, you might wish to
    > > include those sans dick.

    > "Clever dick" is a British phrase that means "an opinionated person". It's
    > probably not what the OP quite intended - a knowledgeable person would be

    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,730 English pages for "clever dick".
    Results 1 - 10 of about 193 English pages for phrase "clever dick".

    I guess google can keep a person from being an "arse" even if he is from the Midwest USA....

    MikeB, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    Many thanks for pointing out my little faux pas - no insult meant.

    Has anyone seen the demo? - dick or no dick?

    Would really like to see if it could be done easily. When i look at the
    download, the includes are extensive. Is it really that difficult?

    Thanks

    Trevor

    Trevor, Apr 25, 2004
  6. On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:20:36 +0000 (UTC), Trevor
    <trevorjdaniel@no_spam_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > I have found a perfect example of what i am trying to achieve. I have
    > tried to take it apart and it blew my brains out all over the floor.
    >
    > Can anyone help. The example is in PHP and javascript. I don't know PHP
    > but i know C#.Net/ASP & javascript.
    >
    > Can any clever dick out there give some pointers on how the hell this
    > works and how to reproduce it?

    I don't think you would want to reproduce it.

    - The code approaches 80KBs.
    - It uses browser detection, which usually indicates code of bad quality.
    - The producers claim that the system works in IE and Netscape, yet I
    could only view the page in IE. Opera and Mozilla can't load it.
    - The region highlight doesn't move if you drag the image itself. That
    sort of defeats the point of it.
    - The system's flaky when you open the context menu.

    > I am particularly interested in the map verson of the demo at
    > http://cendtonio.free.fr/

    Initially, I could only view one of the demo images. The scrolling
    mechanism didn't work, which isn't a good sign of robust coding.

    > How do i do it? - It looks so good.

    An applet or Flash would probably be more reliable, but I think that
    letting the user use their favourite image editing software is the best
    approach. Gimmicks are nice, but functionality is better, and this isn't
    either in my opinion.

    Sorry to disappoint,
    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Apr 25, 2004
  7. Trevor wrote:

    > Can any clever [person] out there give some pointers on how
    > the hell this works and how to reproduce it?
    >
    > I am particularly interested in the map verson of the demo at
    > http://cendtonio.free.fr/
    >
    > How do i do it? - It looks so good.

    RTSL. Read The Source, Luke.

    PointedEars
    --
    Fear is the path to the dark side! Fear leads to anger,
    anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering!
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, May 5, 2004