    Thanks in advance!

    André

    , Nov 6, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Java developers have long been dependant on Swing to design user
    > interfaces, a toolkit that, at most, was only able to draw widgets
    > similar to the native ones. Until SWT and JFace appeared and changed
    > all this, allowing applications with native look and feel to be built
    > in Java, as Eclipse and Azureus demonstrate.
    >
    > C++ developers have long been dependant on Qt to design user
    > interfaces, a toolkit that, at most, was only able to draw widgets
    > similar to the native ones.
    >
    > Now I ask, is there some technology that allows me to write the second
    > sentence of the second paragraph the same way I wrote the second
    > sentence of the first paragraph?

    There can be no second sentence since the first is nonsen[ten]se.
    Qt relies heavily on the native widgets. Nothing 'similar' in it.
    Please get your facts straight first.

    There are many cross-platform C++-oriented UI libraries. None of
    them is a panacea or an ultimate achievement. All of them have to
    (and do) rely on [a subset of] native widgets.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 6, 2006

    Humm... On Windows XP and on Mac OS X the theme engines are indeed used
    to draw the widgets (hence we have native look but not native feel),
    but on all other platforms, everything is drawn to look like native.
    This still doesn't provide full native look and feel...

  4. jolz Guest

    wxWidgets

    Many times developing feels more like C, but at least it creates really
    native application.

    jolz, Nov 7, 2006

    Very good looking... Didn't knew it was available... Thanks!

    jolz wrote:
    > wxWidgets
    >
    > Many times developing feels more like C, but at least it creates really
    > native application.

    , Nov 7, 2006