JFeeChart Problem for single date on x-axis

Jerry

I have a problem using JFreeChart to draw a time series chart with date
on the x-axis and number of hits on the y-axis.

If there are more than one dates on the x-axis, the chart is fine. But,
if there is only one date on the x-axis, the chart is empthy and there
is no data on the y-axis and on the x-axis. I expect on the x-axis,
there will be one date and on the y-axis, there are data for number of
hits. And I also expect there is a point on the chart to indicate the
number of hits for the date.

Does time series chart only support more than two dates on the x-axis?
Is there any way or workaround to fix the above problem?

Thanks for your help in advance!