    combobox with textr encoding like utf-8, isoxxxxx etc.
    How can I add in JFileChooser an extra combobox?

    thanks!

    Chameleon, Jul 18, 2007

  2. And thus spoke Chameleon...

    > In JFileChooser, below combobox with file filters, I want to place a
    > combobox with textr encoding like utf-8, isoxxxxx etc.
    > How can I add in JFileChooser an extra combobox?

    Have a look at <e92jgr$p90$>

    Flo

    Flo 'Irian' Schaetz, Jul 18, 2007

  3. Chameleon

    Chameleon Guest

    O/H Flo 'Irian' Schaetz Ýãñáøå:
    > And thus spoke Chameleon...
    >
    >> In JFileChooser, below combobox with file filters, I want to place a
    >> combobox with textr encoding like utf-8, isoxxxxx etc.
    >> How can I add in JFileChooser an extra combobox?

    > Have a look at <e92jgr$p90$>

    what's this?
    ....an email?

    Chameleon, Jul 18, 2007
  4. Chameleon

    Chameleon Guest

    O/H Chameleon Ýãñáøå:
    > I want to open text files with unknown encoding.
    > I want the user to specify the encoding, so:
    >
    > In JFileChooser, below combobox with file filters, I want to place a
    > combobox with textr encoding like utf-8, isoxxxxx etc.
    > How can I add in JFileChooser an extra combobox?
    >
    > thanks!

    JFileChooser fc = new JFileChooser(null);
    Box enc = Box.createHorizontalBox();
    enc.add(new JLabel("Encoding:"));
    enc.add(new JComboBox(new String[] {"ISO-11111", "UTF-8"}));
    fc.add(enc, BorderLayout.SOUTH);

    this code works fine in MSWindows L&F but in Metal L&F when I use this
    code, bottom filename textbox, filefilter combobox and buttons, dissapear.

    What I can do?

    Chameleon, Jul 18, 2007
  5. And thus spoke Chameleon...

    >> Have a look at <e92jgr$p90$>