jgoodies DefaultFormBuilder adding a custom component

Discussion in 'Java' started by timasmith@hotmail.com, Feb 26, 2006.

    I have been successfully using jgoodies DefaultFormBuilder to
    dynamically build my forms with TextFields, FormattedFields, DateFields
    etc.

    Now I want to build a custom control which consists of a JTextField and
    an elipse button
    [ ] [...]
    So the user can initiate a search from the button.

    So I create the 2 components, placed them on a JPanel and fixed the
    size 130,23 of the JPanel.

    However when I create the component it is resized to a height of 1 for
    some unknown reason.

    DefaultFormBuilder builder = LayoutUtility.getDefaultBuilder(2);
    builder.append(label, getCustomControl());

    CustomControl extends JPanel, and adds controls and sets size (and min
    size) in the constructor.

    Event calling on the panel to set size after it was added to the form
    has no effect.

    Anyone familiar with this perchance?

    thanks

    Tim