jgrasp available for sun x4200?

ernestackermann

We're going to acquire some Sun X4200 systems. These use an AMD
processor and will be running Solaris 10. We're an educational
instritution and will want to use jgrasp. Is it available for these
systems, or maybe the question should be, what do we need to do to put
it on these systems.
Thanks.

Larry Barowski

We're going to acquire some Sun X4200 systems. These use an AMD
processor and will be running Solaris 10. We're an educational
instritution and will want to use jgrasp. Is it available for these
systems, or maybe the question should be, what do we need to do to put
it on these systems.

jGRASP will run on any system with Java 1.3 or higher.
"java" must be on the system path. Just download the
zip file, unzip it, and run the bin/jgrasp script. There are
some native parts, and currently they are not delivered
for x86 Solaris. A native "wedge" executable is needed
to link to external programs, for compiling, debugging,
etc. Another native executable provides an optional
startup shell, which allows you to bring up files from
the command line in the currently running instance, as
"jgrasp some_file.java". Source code and a make script
for the wedge and shell are provided, and generally it's
trivial to compile them.

If you do install it, contact me and if you can send me
the wedge and shell executables, I'll include them in
the next jGRASP release.

tom fredriksen

We're going to acquire some Sun X4200 systems. These use an AMD
processor and will be running Solaris 10. We're an educational
instritution and will want to use jgrasp. Is it available for these
systems, or maybe the question should be, what do we need to do to put
it on these systems.
Thanks.

Maybe if you had a look at the web page of the software it would
describe to you what you need to know?

/tom

ecA@UMW

Thanks for the tips. We'll be getting the systems in a couple of
months. we'll try it and let you know how it works out.