jgrasp startup error

Josh

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

This orrcurs on both the Microsoft and Sun VM machine. Any suggestions?

Paul Lutus

Josh said:
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

This orrcurs on both the Microsoft and Sun VM machine. Any suggestions?

Yeah. Give the specifics. Post example code.

Hal Rosser

You need the Sun JDK - not just the JVM to run JGrasp
the jdk come with javac - which you need for JGrasp
Install the JDK first - then install JGrasp - then JGrasp will find the jdk
and set itself up correctly.

Larry Barowski

Josh said:
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

This orrcurs on both the Microsoft and Sun VM machine. Any suggestions?

The Microsoft VM is too old.

Do you have at least Sun Java 1.3?

Copy all the contents of the jGRASP control shell and send
it to graspATengDOTauburnANOTHERDOTedu .

Larry Barowski

Hal Rosser said:
You need the Sun JDK - not just the JVM to run JGrasp
the jdk come with javac - which you need for JGrasp
Install the JDK first - then install JGrasp - then JGrasp will find the jdk
and set itself up correctly.

The JRE is sufficient if you won't be compiling or debugging
Java code.

Hal Rosser

since JGrasp is made for writing, compiling and debugging -
then it might - just might - (maybe) - be a good idea to have the jdk
installed

Larry Barowski

Hal Rosser said:
since JGrasp is made for writing, compiling and debugging -
then it might - just might - (maybe) - be a good idea to have the jdk
installed

Most likely the OP wants to compile Java code, but
people do use jGRASP for editing and compiling the
other languages it supports - C, C++, Objective-C,
Ada, VHDL.

Hal Rosser

Most likely the OP wants to compile Java code, but
people do use jGRASP for editing and compiling the
other languages it supports - C, C++, Objective-C,
Ada, VHDL.
Hey! Wait a minute - you WROTE JGrasp - I bow to your expertise. - sorry

Larry Barowski

Hey! Wait a minute - you WROTE JGrasp - I bow to your expertise. - sorry

No apology necessary. As I said, the OP probably
does want to compile Java. We just don't want people
to get the idea that jGRASP is an IDE for Java only.
The "j" doesn't help, but it would probably be counter-
productive to change the name at this point.