jini - using groups

Discussion in 'Java' started by Mr. X., Jul 25, 2007.

  1. Mr. X.

    Mr. X. Guest

    Hello,

    I am using JINI (version 1.2).
    I am writting code for white-board
    I want to open on the whiteboard groups.

    ****************
    What I did on server :
    ****************
    1. Start web server,
    2. Running RMID
    3. Running reggie service (for lookup service)
    4. Running outrigger service (for javaspace)
    5. Running mahalo service (for transaction manager)

    (Now there are some security problems on version 1.2,
    that were solved on version 2.1,
    but for first steps I using that version 1.2 -
    They may be problems when running on internet, so I turn it my connection
    to the internet off,
    when I want to check my program).

    ********
    On client :
    ********

    Initialization :
    ----------------
    1. Enable RMI by using SecurityManager
    2. Looking for the registrar, an get a reference to it (using multicast &
    lookup service)
    3. Looking for jini service, and get a reference to it.
    4. Looking for transaction manager service, and get a reference to it.

    General :
    using read, write, take method to put & read things on the Javaspace.

    How can I do the above, but relate the writing/reading/taking to a specific
    group ?
    Is there any technique for listenning to events of write/read/take (exactly
    when other process on other computer uses the same jini,
    and do write/read/take) ?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. X., Jul 25, 2007