JIT Cmpile Error CS0234

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3VyamVldCBHaWxs?=, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. I was getting the following error after compiling the C# source file with
    VS.NET 2003, Any help will be appreciated.

    Many thanks!
    Surjeet Gill

    Details:

    Compilation Error
    to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
    and modify your source code appropriately.

    Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not
    exist in the class or namespace 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder' (are
    you missing an assembly reference?)

    Source Error:
    Line 26:
    Line 27: [System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute()]
    Line 28: public class Global_asax : PlaceHolder.Global {
    Line 29:
    Line 30: private static bool __initialized = false;

    Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\chapter02_placeholder\3f5aa4a9\6f93a474\mzryuqmu.0.cs Line: 28

    This was the only C# source file in the project.
    // File Placeholder.aspx.cs
    using System;
    using System.Collections;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.SessionState;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

    namespace PlaceHolder
    {
    /// <summary>
    /// Summary description for WebForm1.
    /// </summary>
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label Label1;
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label Label2;
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label Label3;
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox txtName;
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList ddlDays;
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel pnlDynamic;

    // Use the Page_Load event to load the dynamically created
    // controls so that they are available prior to rendering
    // Get the value selected by user in the dropdown list
    int intDays = Convert.ToInt32(ddlDays.SelectedItem.Value);
    // Create textboxes to allow entering the
    // travel expenses for each travel day
    for (int i = 1; i <= intDays; i++)
    {
    LiteralControl lcExpenseCaption = new LiteralControl();
    lcExpenseCaption.Text =
    String.Format("Travel Expense for Day-{0} ", i);
    // Create a textbox control
    TextBox txtExpense = new TextBox();
    // Set the ID property of the textbox
    txtExpense.ID = String.Format("Expense{0}", i);
    HtmlControl lcBreak = new HtmlGenericControl("br");
    pnlDynamic.Controls.Add(lcExpenseCaption);
    // Add the textbox to the panel
    // if you omit this step, textbox is
    // created but not displayed
    pnlDynamic.Controls.Add(txtExpense);
    pnlDynamic.Controls.Add(lcBreak);
    }
    // Display a linkbutton that allow users to
    // post the expenses after they have entered the data
    if(intDays>0)
    {
    LinkButton lbtnSubmit = new LinkButton();
    lbtnSubmit.Text = "Submit Expenses";
    // Add an event handler to the dynamically created
    // link button
    lbtnSubmit.Click += new EventHandler(lbtnSubmit_Click);
    pnlDynamic.Controls.Add(lbtnSubmit);
    HtmlControl lcBreak = new HtmlGenericControl("br");
    pnlDynamic.Controls.Add(lcBreak);
    // Handles the Click event for the dynamically
    // created link button
    private void lbtnSubmit_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    double dblExpenses = 0;
    int intDays = Convert.ToInt32(ddlDays.SelectedItem.Value);
    // Find sum of all expenses
    for (int i = 1; i <= intDays; i++)
    {
    // Find control in the collection of controls
    // contained by the panel
    TextBox txtExpense = (TextBox)
    pnlDynamic.FindControl(String.Format("Expense{0}", i));
    dblExpenses += Convert.ToDouble(txtExpense.Text);
    }
    // Display the results
    Label lblResults = new Label();
    lblResults.Text = String.Format(
    "{0}, a sum of ${1} has been credited to your account",
    txtName.Text, dblExpenses);
    pnlDynamic.Controls.Add(lblResults);

    //
    //
    InitializeComponent();
    base.OnInit(e);
    }

    /// <summary>
    /// </summary>
    private void InitializeComponent()

    #endregion

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VyamVldCBHaWxs?=, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Hi Surjeet,

    Can you send me your machine.config file?

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
    Microsoft Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?U3VyamVldCBHaWxs?= <>
    >Subject: JIT Cmpile Error CS0234
    >Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:19:03 -0700
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    >I was getting the following error after compiling the C# source file with
    >VS.NET 2003, Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    >Many thanks!
    >Surjeet Gill
    >
    >Details:
    >
    >Compilation Error