JIT compilation hangs ASP.NET process

Scott

So I can't figure out how to Google for this problem, I'll
try asking for a solution here.

Whenever I deploy changes, whether they are changed
code-behind DLL's or ASPX/ASCX/ASAX pages to my staging and
production web servers the process hangs. I'm guessing it's
during the JIT compilation because if the process DOESN'T
hang, the problem never occurs after the first time you hit
the web application.

But once it hangs, it hangs for good and we have to
re-start IIS to get it to go away.

Is this a prominent problem with ASP.NET applications? This
is a real deal-breaker when it comes to deciding on a
development platform.

jhe

I experience the same problem last night, do you finally
solved it? if I can benefit from your solution, it would
be great

Jhe

Scott

So this bug doesn't have anything to do with my app
hanging. I just edited one line on one aspx page and tried
to reload the page and the app has hung up.

Anyone have any ideas about where to start debugging this?
My app is written in managed code, no unsafe code and works
fine on my local machine (of course).

Scott

For those of you playing the home game.

Never, EVER let your sys admin run a screen saver on your
web server. Especially not a Flash screen saver.

Guest

I get the same behavior in my web application. I am using VS.NET v7.0.9466 and .NET framework v1.0.3705. The first invocation after a build hangs the worker process. I am running it on my dev box on a Win2K professional with IIS 5.0

Event Viewer Log

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2404) was recycled because it was suspected to be in a deadlocked state. It did not send any responses for pending requests in the last 180 seconds.

- Amitava