JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is denied.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Shawn, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is denied.
    JIT Debugging was initiated by the following account 'PLISKEN\ASPNET'

    I get this messag in a dialog window when I try to open an asp.net page. If
    I press OK then I get a page with this message:

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
    to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
    request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
    Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

    Does anyone know what to do? The asp.net machine account has full access to
    wwwroot
    Shawn, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Add the PLISKEN\ASPNET account to the Debugger Users group.

    See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ingFailedWithFollowingErrorAccessIsDenied.asp

    Make sure you read the associated cautions.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 19, 2004

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Hi.
    I added the ASPNET account to Debugger Users group and restarted my
    computer. When I tried to access an .aspx page I got this message:
    http://www.atf.no/diverse/error.jpg

    Shawn, Dec 19, 2004
  4. That's not an error message.
    It seems that debugging is now enabled for that account.

    Caution: if you select the box for the
    "currently selected debugger as the default",
    that's the only debugger that will start from that point on.

    Just select one of the 2, and click "Yes".
    Debugging with the selected debugger should start immediately.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 19, 2004
  5. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    I did that, but it still gave me the "Server Application Unavaiable" page.
    I get the same question every time I try to access an aspx page.

    I think I have to reinstall IIS. Can I do that without reinstalling VS.NET
    2003?

    Shawn, Dec 19, 2004
  6. re:
    >I did that, but it still gave me the
    > "Server Application Unavaiable" page.

    Did you get that message when you selected the
    CLR Debugger or when you selected the VS.NET debugger ?

    Did you check the application event log of the web server ?
    What does that say ?

    Do you get an error 1051 in the Event Log ? Or a 1003 ?

    See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/dbgch03.asp
    for possible troubleshooting approaches.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 19, 2004
  7. Mind you,
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/dbgch03.asp

    has a lot of info.

    The best possibility for clues is your event log.

    Is the error logged there ?
    What does the description say ?

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 19, 2004
  8. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    I just reinstalled .NET framework 1.1 and IIS. It works now. Thanks for
    your help anyway :)

    Shawn, Dec 19, 2004
  9. Egads!
    I hate it when reinstalling is the only way to solve a problem.

    We need better troubleshooting
    documentation/procedures at all levels.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 19, 2004
  10. Re: JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is denie

    Hello. I was getting the same error, and following this post this morning
    has, by far, been the most help I've come across so far. I am getting the
    same sort of error, and I don't know why: let me explain.

    We're developing a web app using the 1.1 Framework. My team and I are using
    SourceSafe to "share" our code. On their machines, when they get the latest
    version of the page that throws this exception, the exception DOES NOT get
    thrown on their machines. (That's the first "...what the heck??...") It
    only happens on my machine.

    So I added ASPNET to the Debugger Users group, as you recommended in
    chose one, then the other. In both circumstances, I'm getting this error:

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in
    mscorlib.dll

    As I understand, I think mscorlib.dll is one of the main libraries that
    windows and/or .net runs. While stepping into the code, I don't see anything
    out of the ordinary. It's happening in one of our controls that is used in a
    few different places in our application with the following line of code:

    txtDate.Text = dtValue.ToShortDateString

    Furthermore, it is only this ONE page that is throwing this exception (other
    pages that are using this control don't throw the same exception).

    This error started happening yesterday after I installed another program
    called Paint.NET. The thing that confuses me is Paint.NET has nothing to do
    with the ASPNET worker process, since it's entirely a windows app. I
    uninstalled Paint.NET - restarted: didn't work. I uninstalled/reinstalled
    the .NET Framework 1.1: didn't work. The only thing I didn't do up until
    this point, which the other previous poster did, was reinstall IIS.

    Finally, looking at my event log doesn't tell me much. Yesterday, when I
    first started getting the error, I was getting this:
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2628) was recycled because it failed to respond to ping
    message. (errorid 1008)

    along with the usual:
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 484) stopped unexpectedly. (errorid 1000)

    Then I got this wierd one:
    Failed to execute request because QueryInterface for ASP.NET runtime failed.
    Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error (errorid 1090)

    This morning, I got this one - I'm not sure if it was before or after I
    added ASPNET to the Debugger Users group:
    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
    ..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
    directory allow access to the configured account. (errorid 1084)

    I would actually like to figure out why this is happening before
    reinstalling a bunch of stuff. If ANYONE knows what's happening, please
    reply.

    Thanks!

    Chris Pielak

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUGllbGFr?=, Dec 23, 2004
  11. Re: JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is denie

    Once I had this problem, it was working fine on my friends PC and not mine,
    I checked everything but could not find the reason, later on stepping the
    code, I found that my web.config was missing the DB connection string which
    was causing this problem.

    I am not sure if its exactly the connection string problem with you too but
    it was quite strange that the error that shows up gives you no clue about
    it, I would recommend you to step thru and find.

    Regards,
    Farhan Ghafoor

    "Chris Pielak" <> wrote in message
    > Hello. I was getting the same error, and following this post this morning
    > has, by far, been the most help I've come across so far. I am getting the
    > same sort of error, and I don't know why: let me explain.
    >
    > We're developing a web app using the 1.1 Framework. My team and I are

    using
    > SourceSafe to "share" our code. On their machines, when they get the

    latest
    > version of the page that throws this exception, the exception DOES NOT get
    > thrown on their machines. (That's the first "...what the heck??...") It
    > only happens on my machine.
    >
    > So I added ASPNET to the Debugger Users group, as you recommended in

    and
> [...]

    > > Mind you,

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/dbgch03.asp
    > > has a lot of info.
    > >
    > > The best possibility for clues is your event log.
    > >
    > > Is the error logged there ?
    > > What does the description say ?
    > >

    > > Juan T. Llibre
    > > ===========
    > > "Juan T. Llibre [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > > > re:
    > > >
    > > > Did you get that message when you selected the
    > > > CLR Debugger or when you selected the VS.NET debugger ?
    > > >
    > > > Did you check the application event log of the web server ?
    > > > What does that say ?
    > > >
    > > > Do you get an error 1051 in the Event Log ? Or a 1003 ?
    > > >
    > > > See

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/dbgch03.asp
    > > > for possible troubleshooting approaches.

    message

    Farhan Ghafoor, Jan 1, 2005