JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is denied.

Shawn

JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is denied.
JIT Debugging was initiated by the following account 'PLISKEN\ASPNET'

I get this messag in a dialog window when I try to open an asp.net page. If
I press OK then I get a page with this message:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Does anyone know what to do? The asp.net machine account has full access to
wwwroot

Juan T. Llibre [MVP]

That's not an error message.
It seems that debugging is now enabled for that account.

Caution: if you select the box for the
"currently selected debugger as the default",
that's the only debugger that will start from that point on.

Just select one of the 2, and click "Yes".
Debugging with the selected debugger should start immediately.

Juan T. Llibre
===========

Shawn

I did that, but it still gave me the "Server Application Unavaiable" page.
I get the same question every time I try to access an aspx page.

I think I have to reinstall IIS. Can I do that without reinstalling VS.NET
2003?

Juan T. Llibre [MVP]

re:
I did that, but it still gave me the
"Server Application Unavaiable" page.

Did you get that message when you selected the
CLR Debugger or when you selected the VS.NET debugger ?

Did you check the application event log of the web server ?
What does that say ?

Do you get an error 1051 in the Event Log ? Or a 1003 ?

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/dbgch03.asp
for possible troubleshooting approaches.

Juan T. Llibre
===========

Shawn

I just reinstalled .NET framework 1.1 and IIS. It works now. Thanks for
your help anyway :)

Juan T. Llibre [MVP]

Egads!
I hate it when reinstalling is the only way to solve a problem.

We need better troubleshooting
documentation/procedures at all levels.

Juan T. Llibre
===========

Guest

Hello. I was getting the same error, and following this post this morning
has, by far, been the most help I've come across so far. I am getting the
same sort of error, and I don't know why: let me explain.

We're developing a web app using the 1.1 Framework. My team and I are using
SourceSafe to "share" our code. On their machines, when they get the latest
version of the page that throws this exception, the exception DOES NOT get
thrown on their machines. (That's the first "...what the heck??...") It
only happens on my machine.

So I added ASPNET to the Debugger Users group, as you recommended in
chose one, then the other. In both circumstances, I'm getting this error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in
mscorlib.dll

As I understand, I think mscorlib.dll is one of the main libraries that
windows and/or .net runs. While stepping into the code, I don't see anything
out of the ordinary. It's happening in one of our controls that is used in a
few different places in our application with the following line of code:

txtDate.Text = dtValue.ToShortDateString

Furthermore, it is only this ONE page that is throwing this exception (other
pages that are using this control don't throw the same exception).

This error started happening yesterday after I installed another program
called Paint.NET. The thing that confuses me is Paint.NET has nothing to do
with the ASPNET worker process, since it's entirely a windows app. I
uninstalled Paint.NET - restarted: didn't work. I uninstalled/reinstalled
the .NET Framework 1.1: didn't work. The only thing I didn't do up until
this point, which the other previous poster did, was reinstall IIS.

Finally, looking at my event log doesn't tell me much. Yesterday, when I
first started getting the error, I was getting this:
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2628) was recycled because it failed to respond to ping
message. (errorid 1008)

along with the usual:
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 484) stopped unexpectedly. (errorid 1000)

Then I got this wierd one:
Failed to execute request because QueryInterface for ASP.NET runtime failed.
Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error (errorid 1090)

This morning, I got this one - I'm not sure if it was before or after I
added ASPNET to the Debugger Users group:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account. (errorid 1084)

I would actually like to figure out why this is happening before
reinstalling a bunch of stuff. If ANYONE knows what's happening, please
reply.

Thanks!

Chris Pielak

Farhan Ghafoor

Once I had this problem, it was working fine on my friends PC and not mine,
I checked everything but could not find the reason, later on stepping the
code, I found that my web.config was missing the DB connection string which
was causing this problem.

I am not sure if its exactly the connection string problem with you too but
it was quite strange that the error that shows up gives you no clue about
it, I would recommend you to step thru and find.

Regards,
Farhan Ghafoor