    http://mindprod.com
    Most of computer code is for telling the computer
    what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.

    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2011

  2. Roedy Green

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > Is this correct?
    >
    > JLS third edition is available in print and online. It covers 1.5
    >
    > JLS fourth edition is available only in print. It covers 1.5
    >
    > There is no JLS covering 1.6 and 1.7. (This is bizarre)

    It's bizarre if it doesn't cover 1.7. The language didn't change from Java 5 to Java 6. We've been using JLS 3 for discussion about Java 6 in which you've participated for years.

    Except for '@Override' covering implementation of methods defined in an interface. There's probably an amendment out there somewhere for that one.

    But you're right; JLS 4 definitely ought to cover Java 7.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Aug 2, 2011