JMagick - setMonochrome()

Christoph Burschka

Has anyone here used the JNI interface for ImageMagick (JMagick)?

Unfortunately, I'm finding it really hard to work with because of the
sparse documentation. The only help I've found is a FAQ that touches on
6 usage-related topics; the generated Javadoc consists of uncommented
method heads. Those few methods that do have Javadoc comments are
explained by enlightening descriptions like this one:

void setVerbose(int value) - Set the verbose attribute.

----

Specifically, what I'm looking for is a description of

void ImageInfo.setMonochrome(int value)

Since the equivalent command line option in ImageMagick, "-monochrome",
takes no arguments, I thought that the value might be a boolean in
disguise (and would activate monochrome mode on >0, normal mode
otherwise). That didn't work though. Anyone have an idea what values
this method can take and what it does?

Christoph Burschka

Christoph said:
[...]

Just in case there is no other follow-up, let me add that I have since
given up on JMagick entirely and use Runtime.exec() now. More stable,
faster, better documented - and it even works on both Windows and Unix.