JMeter session ID

Discussion in 'Java' started by Mike, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm trying to test load mmy website with JMeter...

    I'm recording my test plan with the proxy server.

    Everything goes fine, but the problem is when I wanna replay the
    scenario:

    let me explain:

    first I login on the website login.jsp which attributes a session ID
    to the user...then everytime I want to access another page I need to
    pass this session ID in the url:

    test.jsp;jsessionid=xxxxx?attributes=yyyy

    So my question is:

    how can I retrieve this session ID from the login page and then send
    it to the jsp's?
    I've tried using the url modifier, with no success....

    please help me I've been on this for over 2 days...I'm going crazy...

    Tx a lot for your time!

    Mike

    Mike, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Mike

    naresh.nayini

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Use Regular expression extractor and extract session ID from the response data you are getting at login.jsp.
    Use View Results tree and Response data in which sessionID will be available

    naresh.nayini, Jun 22, 2011

  3. Mike

    siddossy

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    JMeter and Load testing platform

    We have an excellent platform for loadtesting using your JMeter scripts. All you need with our platform is upload your JMEter scripts, decide how many parallel users you want to spawn and for how long and it provides you the outcome of the test run.

    We provide you pay-as-you-go model as well as a product license model and can be deployed on a cloud platform.

    More information please visit http://www.persistentsys.com/Default.aspx?tabid=683 and you can write to me at sidharth_sujir<AT>persistent.co.in

    siddossy, Sep 15, 2011
  4. Mike

    sreenivasulu

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    In Jmeter some time script is not capturing what could be the reason. Is there any separate proxy configuration IN JMeter for Dot Net application.

    Login screen during the script execution getting as blank values from password field (With parameterization and Without parameterization).

    sreenivasulu, May 22, 2012