JMF and Eclipse

Discussion in 'Java' started by ted holden, May 10, 2005.

  1. ted holden

    ted holden Guest

    About a month and a half or so ago (i.e. the last previous time I tried it)
    I thought I had the whole thing with programming using the Java Media
    Framework and Eclipse pretty well downpat. Applets using the Java media
    player worked inside Eclipse and when run from a browser as well.

    Somewhere about three weeks ago I got one of those automatic Java upgrade
    announcements and, without thinking about what I was doing, installed the
    upgrade to Java 5.0_02.

    A few days ago I tried running one of the JMF (Java Media Framework) applets
    in a browser again and it didn't work, although the applet was still
    working inside Eclipse.

    It finally dawned on me that the upgraded version of Java didn't know
    anything about JMF and this morning I uninstalled and then reinstalled JMF.

    Now the applets work inside browsers, but Eclipse no longer knows anything
    about JMF or the MediaPlayer bean and they no longer work inside Eclipse.

    I've even tried including the JMF jar file as an external jar in the project
    settings for one such applet and Eclipse still doesn't know what I'm
    talking about.

    I'd appreciate any suggestions anybody might have.

    ted holden, May 10, 2005

  2. ted holden

    ted holden Guest

    I seem to have fixed this problem at present...

    ted holden, May 10, 2005