JMF and Eclipse

ted holden

About a month and a half or so ago (i.e. the last previous time I tried it)
I thought I had the whole thing with programming using the Java Media
Framework and Eclipse pretty well downpat. Applets using the Java media
player worked inside Eclipse and when run from a browser as well.

Somewhere about three weeks ago I got one of those automatic Java upgrade
announcements and, without thinking about what I was doing, installed the
upgrade to Java 5.0_02.

A few days ago I tried running one of the JMF (Java Media Framework) applets
in a browser again and it didn't work, although the applet was still
working inside Eclipse.

It finally dawned on me that the upgraded version of Java didn't know
anything about JMF and this morning I uninstalled and then reinstalled JMF.

Now the applets work inside browsers, but Eclipse no longer knows anything
about JMF or the MediaPlayer bean and they no longer work inside Eclipse.

I've even tried including the JMF jar file as an external jar in the project
settings for one such applet and Eclipse still doesn't know what I'm
talking about.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anybody might have.