    "Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
    http://www.eden-foundation.org/

    new income - better environment - more food - less poverty

    Josef Garvi, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Josef Garvi

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:55:44 +0200, Josef Garvi
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >I'm experimenting with the Java Media Framework, and need to work with film
    >clips in avi format, captured from DV cameras ("content type" is
    >"video.x_msvideo").

    to find out what it can do see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jmf.html
    and follow the links.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi Guest

    Josef Garvi wrote:

    > I'm experimenting with the Java Media Framework, and need to work with
    > film clips in avi format, captured from DV cameras ("content type" is
    > "video.x_msvideo").
    >
    > When I open such a clip, I can play the sound track, but get no image.
    > Opening other types of clips, such as mov files works well.
    >
    > Am I missing some codec, and if so, where could it be possible to find it?

    When I try opening the clip with the Seek example
    (http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/solutions/Seek.html),
    I get the following output:

    create player for: video.x_msvideo
    Unable to handle format: DVSD, 720x576, FrameRate=25.0, Length=1244160
    28 extra bytes
    Movie duration: 52.040000000000006
    Total # of video frames in the movies: 1300

    --
    Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:55:44 +0200, Josef Garvi
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >

    >>I'm experimenting with the Java Media Framework, and need to work with film
    >>clips in avi format, captured from DV cameras ("content type" is
    >>"video.x_msvideo").

    > to find out what it can do see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jmf.html
    > and follow the links.

    From what I can read, there doesn't seem to be any DV codec bundled with
    the JMF. But after some thorough web searching, I finally found a codec
    from Pinnacle that does the job.

    --
    Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi, Apr 20, 2004
  5. Josef Garvi

    ramkumarm

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    play avi files in JMF

    Hi,

    i am using JMF,,

    how to play avi files in JMF,

    I have already install mp3plugin jar in jre..

    still i got error as

    Failed to configure: com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@b8df17
    Bad header in the media: Currently files with no idx1 chunk are not supported

    Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@b8df17

    Reply me .. Thank u in advance.,,,,

    ramkumarm, Apr 15, 2009