    Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@ef2c60

    Thanks

    Al

    Al, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Al

    Roland Guest

    On 23-1-2005 17:45, Al wrote:

    > I wrote a small Java application that down loads sounds from my web site and
    > plays them. The start method of the javax.media.Player class printed out
    > the following. error. I may be misinterpeting the error message. But it
    > seems to be say that msadpcm format isnot support. But the Java Soft site
    > implies it does. What does the error mean?
    >
    > I was tying to play the following sound
    > http://www.bigalsoftware.com/sounds/Pig_snorts.wav .
    >

    > Unable to handle format: msadpcm, 44100.0 Hz, 4-bit, Stereo, Unsigned,
    > 43008.0 frame rate, FrameSize=16384 bits
    > Failed to realize: com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@ef2c60
    > Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@ef2c60
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Al

    According to
    <http://www.sun.com/software/communitysource/jmf/download.html>, the
    msadpcm codec is *not included*.

    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Jan 23, 2005

  3. Al

    Roland Guest

    On 23-1-2005 17:54, Roland wrote:

    > On 23-1-2005 17:45, Al wrote:
    >
    >> I wrote a small Java application that down loads sounds from my web
    >> site and plays them. The start method of the javax.media.Player class
    >> printed out the following. error. I may be misinterpeting the error
    >> message. But it seems to be say that msadpcm format isnot support.
    >> But the Java Soft site implies it does. What does the error mean?
    >>
    >> I was tying to play the following sound
    >> http://www.bigalsoftware.com/sounds/Pig_snorts.wav .
    >>

    >> Unable to handle format: msadpcm, 44100.0 Hz, 4-bit, Stereo,
    >> Unsigned, 43008.0 frame rate, FrameSize=16384 bits
    >> Failed to realize: com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@ef2c60
    >> Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@ef2c60
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Al
    >>

    > According to
    > <http://www.sun.com/software/communitysource/jmf/download.html>, the
    > msadpcm codec is *not included*.

    Should read more carefully. The *source* of the msadpcm codec is not
    included. Which more or less implies that the msadpcm codec would be...

    Sorry, I don't have an anwer to your question (Pig does snort when
    played in Winamp)

    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Al

    Al Guest

    Thanks. It snorts to in Windows Media player.

    Al

    Al, Jan 23, 2005
  5. On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:08:03 +0100, Roland wrote:

    >...(Pig does snort when played in Winamp)

    It plays in my version of WinAmp (2.80 - using Nullsoft
    Waveform Decoder v2.05a for the wavs).

    Therefore I suspect (though I know little about sound formats)
    that it is more related to a CODEC (is it an acronym?) as you
    were suggesting earlier.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 24, 2005