    for now), and grab all of the frames out of it, so that I can compare
    the frames to each other.

    If anyone had an example of this, it would be great. Thanks!

    Arash Nikkar, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Arash Nikkar

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 16 Feb 2006 10:00:12 -0800, "Arash Nikkar" <>

    >What I want to do is take a video file (no limitations on the format
    >for now), and grab all of the frames out of it, so that I can compare
    >the frames to each other.

    You will likely find the framing format may not be that complicated if
    all you want to do is extract frames. Just treat the file as a giant
    stream of bytes. Look up the standard that defines the file framing
    format. Create some very simple streams and look at them with a hex
    viewer to help resolve confusing documentation.
    there can't be all that much to it:
    length, timestamp, image.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.