JMF -- going from Movie to JPEG

Arash Nikkar

Hi,

I have been looking into JMF, but im not sure if it suites my needs, so
I was hoping you guys could clear some things up.

What I want to do is take a video file (no limitations on the format
for now), and grab all of the frames out of it, so that I can compare
the frames to each other.

If anyone had an example of this, it would be great. Thanks!

Roedy Green

What I want to do is take a video file (no limitations on the format
for now), and grab all of the frames out of it, so that I can compare
the frames to each other.

You will likely find the framing format may not be that complicated if
all you want to do is extract frames. Just treat the file as a giant
stream of bytes. Look up the standard that defines the file framing
format. Create some very simple streams and look at them with a hex
viewer to help resolve confusing documentation.
there can't be all that much to it:
length, timestamp, image.