JMF GUI for AVTransmit2/AVReceive2..

Dexter

Hi there

I need help regarding the AvReceive2 and AVTransmit2.
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/solutions/AVTransmit.html
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/solutions/AVTransmit2.java
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/solutions/AVReceive.html
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/solutions/AVReceive2.java

I am able to run the program and do everything with it.

I need GUI for it. I tried to make GUI for it but it didnt' work.

Say... in my GUI when I click on "Start Transmission" ...

transmission starts......

But that button is still pressed since the rest of the code is inside
the even handler of that button. I dont' know how to get rid of this.

The main problem is that I no longer see the "Control Componenets" of
the video or the audio.. although there is some empty space at the
bottom of the frame... but during whole this process my GUI window is
just freezed...

Please.. If anyone has developed some GUI .. Please send me the code.
I will be very thankful for your reply..

thanks

Thomas Weidenfeller

Dexter said:
But that button is still pressed since the rest of the code is inside
the even handler of that button. I dont' know how to get rid of this.

Q3.1 of the comp.lang.java.gui FAQ.

May I also suggest that you really study Sun's GUI tutorial.

/Thomas

Dexter

Thx for your help.

I do understand that I must read GUI and threading to get out of
problems. But I have very little time to do so.....

thx
Dexter

Andrew Thompson

I do understand that I must read GUI and threading to get out of
problems. But I have very little time to do so.....

...so you have come here, hoping for us to spend *our*
time to make up for *your* time deficencies in solving
*your* problem?

How much money are you prepared to pay for this service?

(And why have you not taken it up at a more appropriate
place, such as Kasamba or Elance?)

Dexter

Because most of the times I am not selfish like *you* and dont' ask
students to go to some paid sites to get some work like this,...
anyways... I have finished GUI on my own and if you need the code...
just reply and I will give you for free...

cheers !
Dexter

Andrew Thompson

Because most of the times ..

'most' of the time?
..I am not selfish ..

What? Except when you are hoping for others to give their
time and experience to you, when you cannot find the time
to figure the solution for yourself?
..like *you*
??

..and dont' ask students ..

Student?!? That is the first mention of it..

But now that you mention it..
"The main problem is that I no longer see the "Control Componenets" of
the video or the audio.. "

What school or college is teaching Java with problems
that use video and audio?
..to go to some paid sites to get some work like this,...

Newsflash - *nothing* is free. Anything worth mentioning
either takes time and effort, or cash. (Or *both*.)

Your apparent inability/unwillingness to invest the time
and effort, suggested the the other possible avenue to
a solution.
anyways... I have finished GUI on my own and if you need the code...

Thanks no. I have plenty of GUI's of my own.
just reply and I will give you for free...

Why not put it up at GeoCities, or such?