JMF on Linux

pedronrmaia

Hi,
I am trying to develop a VoIP solution using JMF and running on Red Hat
Linux 6.0, but I am finding serious problems:

- the DataSink example from Sun "JMF 2.1.1 Solutions" works fine in
Windows, but in Linux gives an Exception: "Illegal request to write
non-integral number of frames";
- the AVReceive2 and AVTransmit2 examples from the same site work
fine in Linux and Windows, but if I start both (to transmit captured
voice and receive voice at the same time) in Linux (in Windows
everything works fine) I get an Exception: "Failed to prefetch: cannot
open the audio device", apparently because in Linux I can not open the
audio device to receive and then open it again for transmission (or
vice-versa).

Any suggestions? Has anyone worked with JMF under Linux, doing
simultaneous audio transmission and reception? Are there Java
alternatives to JMF?
Thank you very much,
Araxes Tharsis

pedronrmaia

Thanks Andrew... I will take your comments into account in future
posts.
Araxes

pedronrmaia

Just for the record, the problem was solved installing the ALSA
drivers.
Thank you. Sincerely,
Araxes Tharsis

Dilton McGowan II

Andrew Thompson said:
If that translates to 'single group only', thanks.

Are you a representative of the 'single group only' police? Where's your
badge?

Dilton McGowan II

Just for the record, the problem was solved installing the ALSA
drivers.
Thank you. Sincerely,
Araxes Tharsis

Thanks for the update, some people dont' take the time, it's nice to see
that some others do. :)