JMFPerformance Pack on Linux doesn't work properly (MPEG1-2)

Discussion in 'Java' started by lucas.shuun@gmail.com, Jan 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,
    we are working on a java application and our base requirement is to
    show MPEG1 and MPEG2 video (with audio) on Linux platform.
    We obtained a good result on Windows using JMF Performance Pack and
    jffmpeg library.

    Using JMF Performance Pack with Linux the result was a black screen
    with the following error:
    "Failed to initialize audio for mpx."

    Using the Cross Platform version of JMF the result was better (but not
    enough) with MPEG 1.
    Instead the execution of MPEG2 videos return the following error
    message:
    "Unable to handle format".

    These are the software versions we used:
    JRE 1.5.0_10-b03
    JMF Performance Pack for Linux 2.1.1e
    Jffmpeg-1.1.0.jar

    Any kind of suggestion or comment is moooore than welcome.

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Lucas
    , Jan 21, 2007