JMS, Jabber ... application to communicate between game clan members

CoffMan

Hi ...
I am starting to develop an application on wich game clans (groups of
5-15 ppl) can send challenges and messages (i think those messages
must be XML based) to other clans ...
All documentation are on the project wiki
(http://www.wickle.com/wikis/index.php/Clan_Wars_Admin) ...

I have a doubt about the underlay architecture ....
I think on JMS to transport XML messages and have an agent to updat
database ...
on the other side i am thinking on Jabber protocol to simplify JMS
code and XML messages ...

anyone have any idea ??? orientation ??? suggestion ???

thanks a lot