JMS Socket/Proxy reuse problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Helge Nilsen, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Helge Nilsen

    Helge Nilsen Guest

    Hi,

    I have challange related to JMS usage of sockets.

    A JMS Client connect to a JMS Server over HTTPS through a proxy. My
    understanding is that a socket is created between the JMS client and
    proxy and another socket is created between the proxy and the remote
    JMS Server for single JMS message. Is this correct?

    The problem is that a huge number of JMS messages is supposed to be
    forwarded from the JMS client to the JMS server each sec.

    Is there a way to reuse sockets in this scenario? The JMS Client and
    JMS Server will reside in two JVM's but there will be a firewall
    between. If the firewall was removed and replaced by a VPN (with
    socket layer encryption) would this solve the problem?

    Thanks for any pointers!

    Best regards,
    Helge
    Helge Nilsen, Apr 1, 2004