JMX advantages over RMI

7

79

Can someone explain to me what are the main advantages of using JMX
rather than using the just RMI ?
From what I understood so far, JMX is just a more convenient way of
RMI, but I'm sure I'm missing something out.

Daniel Dyer

Can someone explain to me what are the main advantages of using JMX
rather than using the just RMI ?
RMI, but I'm sure I'm missing something out.

Do you mean JMS? JMX isn't an alternative to RMI, it's for providing
management functions in an enterprise application (typically via a web
console).

Dan.

7

79

No, i mean JMX.
I want to write a distributed application, where one module (server)
gets requests from other modules (clients). I can do this with RMI by
invoking methods on the server side, but I guess JMX is better. why is
that ?

Daniel Dyer

No, i mean JMX.
I want to write a distributed application, where one module (server)
gets requests from other modules (clients). I can do this with RMI by
invoking methods on the server side, but I guess JMX is better. why is
that ?

No idea, you tell me. Why do you guess that JMX is better?

You could get something working with JMX, but that's not really what the
API is intended for.

Dan.