JMX console (almost NTG)

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tomek, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. Tomek

    Tomek Guest

    Hello,

    not exactly this group, but any help highly appreciated...

    does anyone know of a JMX console that is able to display charts based
    on the data received from an Open MBean?

    What I would like to achieve is to create a chart with several data
    series. Each data series represents the number of documents registered
    in a document processing system that have a particular status.
    Technically speaking the chart is to present the data returned
    by the following query:

    select document_status, count(*)
    from documents
    group by document_status

    So the query represents a snapshot of the document processing system
    at a given point in time.

    All of the consoles I have seen were only able to plot charts based
    on scalar JMX MBeans attributes. I know I could model several JMX
    attributes (one for each status), but this approach has serious
    flaws:
    a. it implies executing several queries instead of one
    b. the collected data would be out-of-sync

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Greetings,
    Tomek.

    Tomek, Nov 2, 2006