JNDIRealm (LDAP) Configuration Problem

Arun

Hi

I am using the following

Tomcat: 4.1.27-LE-jdk14
Apache: 2.0.47
Java : 1.4.2
Linux OS: 7.3

I am trying to configure LDAP authentication mechanism to my
application.

1) In this regard i have downloaded the latest JNDI API and then
copied the ldap.jar file to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib directory.

2) The i have added the following entry to the server.xml file.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
connectionURL="ldap://ldap.mycompany.com:389"
userBase="ou=active,ou=employees,ou=people,o=mycompany.com"
userSearch="(uid={0})"
roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
roleName="cn"
debug="99"
contextFactory="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
/>

3) In my application "web.xml" file i have added the following

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>Nrt</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>*</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
<realm-name>CEC</realm-name>
</login-config>

Then i have restarted the tomcat and apache. I get the prompt for
userid and password, but when i provide the correct userid/password i
get an message saying incorrect userid and password, i think i am
missing something in the configuration and tomcat is not talking with
LDAP, was wondering if you can provide some inputs on this.

Appreciate your help and time.

Thanks
Arun