    Thanks,
    -Mark

    , Aug 3, 2006

    If this is not possible, which at this point, I believe it is not. How
    do I build a 32 bit version of JSVC on AMD_64 Linux?

    Thanks,
    -Mark

    wrote:
    > Is it possible to load a 32bit native library (linux.so) using a 64bit
    > version of Java?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Mark

    , Aug 3, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Is it possible to load a 32bit native library (linux.so) using a 64bit
    > version of Java?

    I've never tried to mix sizes, so this is just an idea on general
    principles.

    Have you considered writing a 64 bit wrapper library, in e.g. C, that
    interfaces to the 32 bit native library?

    Patricia

    Patricia Shanahan, Aug 4, 2006
  4. Nigel Wade Guest

    wrote:

    > Is it possible to load a 32bit native library (linux.so) using a 64bit
    > version of Java?

    I'm pretty sure you cannot mix 32bit and 64bit binaries, they will not co-exist.

    It is possible to run 32bit executables on a 64it platform, however. If the
    platform is AMD64 or EMT64 then it should cause no problems at all. All you
    would need is to install a 32bit JRE.

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

    Nigel Wade, Aug 4, 2006
  5. tungjty

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2011