JNI + Applet + user.dir

Franck

Hi,

We try to use native functions in a third party dll
in an applet (executed in IE6)
We don't have the source and can't modify the dll

Actually
the (signed) applet :
- creates a working directory
- download the directory and dll config file to the directory
- load the library and tries to executes natives functions

The problem is that the execution directory of the dll
seems to be the Windows Desktop.
This dll needs to read the configuration file and to write
temporary files and so does that on the Desktop.

We could see that System.getProperty("user.dir") was
the Windows Desktop and tried to modify it
dynamically before loading the dll but the native
always read/write on the Desktop

Any idea ?

Thanks