jni dll loading weird situation. please help

Discussion in 'Java' started by hilz, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. hilz

    hilz Guest

    Hi all
    i have this situation where i call a dll "a.dll" from java using JNI.

    this "a.dll" calls another "b.dll"

    now when i build "a.dll", i specify that b.dll is to have
    delayloading. which means b.dll should not be loaded untill a function
    in a.dll that needs b.dll is called.

    now in my java code, when the dll is loaded as follows:

    static{
    System.loadLibrary("a.dll")
    }

    it also loads b.dll. WHY?
    how would i make b.dll not to be loaded until it is really needed?

    thanks
    hilz
    hilz, Apr 1, 2004

  2. hilz

    hilz Guest

    never mind.
    there were other dll's that needed to be delayed as well.
    my mistake.

    thanks
    hilz.

    hilz, Apr 1, 2004