JNI Question

Discussion in 'Java' started by osamah_abuoun@hotmail.com, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hi :
    may my describtion for the problem was not clear , my graduation project in
    the faculy is Network Monitoring , after searching for good base for the
    project we (me and my group) we have found the Nmap project , nmap project
    is offered by www.nmsp.org or www.insecure.org , the nmap was written in C++
    in which we are making our project in Java , so i try to make native for
    nmap (i made a dll file for nmap), when i test the project with the native
    it's work in searching for the Up computer on the LAN , when it find an Up
    computer , it will try to search for the open ports on it , here the
    EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW will raised , the procedure in C++ file that makes
    the problem is :
    - more than 500 line in one procedure (!!!!) .
    - allocate a very huge number of parameter (one of those parameter is
    allocating for 65000 location for integer as i remember ).

    i tried to decrease the memory , but this work was waste for the time ,
    because for example i need to scan all the port range 1-65000 , in addition
    for there is dynamically allocation in runtime i can control them in
    debugging.

    My Note :
    - The excutable file of the nmap project works properly without any
    error and without any limitation .
    - The running of the java project without port scanning works
    properly too (via native and nmap.dll).
    - i tried to run the nmap.exe file from java via Runtime interface
    and it works properly without any problem .

    i try now to work on making nmap.so (for run nmap on linux) .
    so , i think , this is a complete descibtion for the state , i'll work to
    prepare a sample of the project and i'll send it after some hours .
    finally , i tried to find a solution for this problem but i failed , and i
    have only 10 days before the project delivery in which all the other section
    was complete nearly,
    thank you very much .

    My Best Wishes

    Osamah