JNLP installer-desc question

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    I have a JNLP file that I quote below. It is supposed to control both
    an installer and the application itself. However when I validate this
    through the Vampqh XSD it suggests I have to choose one or the other I
    can't have both. Is the XSD incorrect or am I?

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

    <jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://www.mindprod.com/webstarts"
    href="esper.jnlp">
    <information>
    <title>Esperanta Tradukilo Vortope 2.0</title>

    <vendor>Canadian Mind Products</vendor>
    <homepage href="http://www.mindprod.com/" />

    <description>Word for word Esperanto to/from English
    translator.</description>
    <description kind="short">Looks up words on local and Internet
    Esperanto dictionaries.</description>
    <description kind="tooltip">Tradukilo</description>
    <icon href="http://www.mindprod.com/webstarts/greenstar32x32.gif"
    width="32" height="32" />

    </information>

    <security>
    <all-permissions />
    </security>

    <resources>
    <j2se version="1.6.0"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.6+"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5.0_06"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5.0_05"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5.0_04"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5.0_03"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5.0_02"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5.0_01"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5.0"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.5+"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_10"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_09"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_08"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_07"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_06"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_05"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_04"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_03"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_02"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2_01"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4.2"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.4+"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.3+"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <j2se version="1.2+"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <!-- application code -->
    <jar href="esper.jar" />

    <!-- data dictionaries in compressed form -->
    <jar href="dicts.jar" />
    </resources>

    <!-- application class with main method -->
    <application-desc main-class="com.mindprod.esper.Esper" />

    <!-- code run once on install to unpack dicts.jar. Lives in
    esper.jar -->
    <installer-desc main-class="com.mindprod.esper.Installer" />
    </jnlp>

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Roedy Green

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    >I have a JNLP file that I quote below. It is supposed to control both
    > an installer and the application itself. However when I validate this
    > through the Vampqh XSD it suggests I have to choose one or the other I
    > can't have both. Is the XSD incorrect or am I?

    I tried to verify the Vamphq XSD, but it ended up becoming a rather
    large task which I don't personally have the time to do. You can get the
    official (in the sense that it comes from Sun) DTD is in a PDF file located
    at http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/download-spec.html

    You could then compare it with Vamphq's DTD file to see if they match.
    Vamphq's DTD file is at http://www.vamphq.com/download/jnlp-dtd-schema.txt

    Then, ensuring that Vamphq's DTD file is correct, you could then use a
    DTD to XSD converter, and see if the results match Vamphq's XSD file at
    http://www.vamphq.com/download/jnlp-xml-schema.txt

    Alternatively, after verifying that Vamphq's DTD file is correct, you
    could just validate your JNLP file directly against the DTD.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Feb 3, 2006

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:40:47 GMT, "Oliver Wong" <>

    > Then, ensuring that Vamphq's DTD file is correct, you could then use a
    >DTD to XSD converter, and see if the results match Vamphq's XSD file at
    >http://www.vamphq.com/download/jnlp-xml-schema.txt

    What do you use for converting a DTD to a XSD?
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 3, 2006