JNLP versioning using version.xml

maccaroo

Hi,

I'm trying to setup versioning on the jar file in my war. Ideally, the
neatest (and most intuitive) method seems to be to include a
version.xml file with appropriate versions in the root of the war file,
as well as adapting the .jnlp file to include version details. Please
could someone let me know if this has worked for them. I've followed
the details from the java site:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/developersguide/downloadservletguide.html

Unfortunately, I keep getting the message of the form:

Missing version field in response from server when accessing
resource:<filename, version>

I am able to get the versioning working by using the other 'dirty'
method described, which comes down to adding __V<version> to the file
name. I would really prefer to use the 1st method.