JNLP Webstart - Application closes right after starting

al schmid

Hello everyone

I made the following JNLP-file which seems to work fine:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jnlp spec="1.0+"
codebase="file:////Users/al/Sites/JAVA/uploader/"
href="test.jnlp">
<information>
<title>Uploader</title>
<homepage href="" />
<vendor></vendor>
<offline/>
</information>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.2+" />
<jar href="dist/uploader.jar" main="true" />
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="uploader.DevelopmentFrame" />
</jnlp>

Opening it it opens the JAVA webstart app which in turn loads my
application. The problem is that the main application seems to close
right after it started (I don't get to see the UI, but I see the app
starting in the dock - I'm using OS X).

Well, my question is: Is there any way I can see error messages or
anything generated by webstart or my app? I have no idea what the
problem may be. And yes, uploader.DevelopmentFrame holds the main()
function.

Thanks for any ideas...
al

Andrew McDonagh

al said:
[...]

you can turn logging on in the Webstart console - this might help show
you whats happening. Though normally webstart tells the user if it
failed to start an application for some reason. It will even show the
user the exception - regardless of whether logging is enabled.

my guess is that the app is finishing normally - as in no exceptions.