Jogre 0.2.3 Released!!!!

marksie531

JOGRE (Java Online Gaming Real-time Engine -
http://jogre.sourceforge.net) is an open-source, online, real-time
gaming engine and API programmed entirely in Java. Using the JOGRE API
it is easy to create powerful multi-player games which people can join
from anywhere in the world. Jogre is aiming to be the open source
equivalent of Yahoo ! Games.

After a lot of hard work we are happy to release Jogre 0.2.3! This
release contains 7 new games bring the number of Jogre games to 12.
These are Battleships, Camelot, Checkers, Chess, Connect 4, Dots, Go,
Octagons, Propinquity, Reversi, Spades, Tetris and Tic-tac-toe.

On the client side there has been significant graphical improvements.
Client games are now available as applets. A panel has replaced the
connection dialog and the invite button has been moved to the table
panel.

On the server side the Jogre server now contains a persistent data
backend using XML. User ratings are stored in this backend using a new
ELO rating system. The server controllers for each game are more
powerful and can hold game state for other players joining a game.

If anyone has any questions, queries on JOGRE dont be scared to ask!!!