    * html #wrap { width: expression((body.offsetWidth >1024)?'928px':'auto'); }

    by the way what dos * and *> mean ?

    Regards Knut

    Knut Krueger, Jun 5, 2008

  2. Knut Krueger

    Els Guest

    Knut Krueger wrote:

    > i found an error message in an Joomla template.
    > Is anybody able to tell me how to change it that it is a valid css.
    >
    > .. Its not my site but I would like to know the solution.
    >
    > *>html #wrap { width: 928px; }
    > * html #wrap { width: expression((body.offsetWidth >1024)?'928px':'auto'); }
    >
    > by the way what dos * and *> mean ?

    * means 'any element', and > means 'direct child of'. So, *>html means
    an html element that is a direct child of any element. Not that there
    is any parent element really to html, but that's why those two
    stylerules are only meant to trick older IE versions into applying a
    max width.

    To make that line valid CSS, would mess up the max width in IE6.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 5, 2008