jpinscp.dll error with Java applets

pbuchheit

I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
at www.oneglobe.com . It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Thank you -- PaulB

Andrew Thompson

I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
at www.oneglobe.com .

Where exactly? I visited that URL then followed a few
links but did not see any applet. Copy/paste the URL
of one such applet page.
.. It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

TooManyScaryBunniesError? That's serious.

Something else perhaps? Maybe you could expand,
and be more specific.
Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Probably not without an exact URL and more detail
on that 'error'. Though you might check further/report
it here <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/bugs>.

As an aside, from
<http://www.oneglobe.com/language/chi003/index.php>
"Use Internet Explorer, allow Popups for oneglobe.com"

'Use Internet Explorer, ..'

Get stuffed.

' allow Popups for oneglobe.com'

You must be kidding! Fix your broken-ass web site.

Roedy Green

an error in jpinscp.dll
The key to the mystery is what error? Have you a stack trace or error
massage?

You did not mention signing. Such an Applet should be signed because
of the potential for spying.

Roedy Green

I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
at www.oneglobe.com . It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

I found the app. It would not let me use my name, Roedy, saying it was
in use. I typed that I wanted to practice English with the computer.
It asked me to say something and it gave a word-for-word translation
into Spanish.I saw no error mentioning jpinscp.dll

Presumably I won't see that as the client. This a server side problem,
right?

I don't even know what I am supposed to type to trigger the error.