    Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

    Thank you -- PaulB

    , Sep 30, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
    > at www.oneglobe.com .

    Where exactly? I visited that URL then followed a few
    links but did not see any applet. Copy/paste the URL
    of one such applet page.

    >.. It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
    > 1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

    TooManyScaryBunniesError? That's serious.

    Something else perhaps? Maybe you could expand,
    and be more specific.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    > Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

    Probably not without an exact URL and more detail
    on that 'error'. Though you might check further/report
    it here <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/bugs>.

    As an aside, from
    <http://www.oneglobe.com/language/chi003/index.php>
    "Use Internet Explorer, allow Popups for oneglobe.com"

    'Use Internet Explorer, ..'

    Get stuffed.

    ' allow Popups for oneglobe.com'

    You must be kidding! Fix your broken-ass web site.

    Andrew Thompson, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 29 Sep 2005 19:27:40 -0700, wrote or quoted :

    >an error in jpinscp.dll

    The key to the mystery is what error? Have you a stack trace or error
    massage?

    You did not mention signing. Such an Applet should be signed because
    of the potential for spying.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Sep 30, 2005
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On 29 Sep 2005 19:27:40 -0700, wrote or quoted :

    >I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
    >at www.oneglobe.com . It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
    >1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

    I found the app. It would not let me use my name, Roedy, saying it was
    in use. I typed that I wanted to practice English with the computer.
    It asked me to say something and it gave a word-for-word translation
    into Spanish.I saw no error mentioning jpinscp.dll

    Presumably I won't see that as the client. This a server side problem,
    right?

    I don't even know what I am supposed to type to trigger the error.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Sep 30, 2005